Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Interesting TED Talk - Seth Godin

I'm not sure I want to go down the route of Conspicuous Consumption however not ruling it out I did do a little search and I found this interesting TED talk. In it Seth Godin talks about marketing and how we are aiming to please the wrong people, the average consumer. We need to look at the extremes, design for the remarkable. Take risks. Designing ordinary products for ordinary people is unsuccessful because their is too much of it out on the market and chance are your contribution will be ignored. As taken from the video description, "bad or bizarre ideas are more successful than boring ones". They get peoples attention.

http://www.ted.com/talks/seth_godin_on_sliced_bread.html

While this may not be useful for me in regards to my project, it was definitely food for thought and if anyone else in the class sees my blog well perhaps it could relate to their projects. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment